1. What is your favorite thing about Summer?
The fact that it will be over in fall.
2. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
See above. I prefer to stay in my air-conditioned cave until the weather cools off. If I have to pick one, probably swimming or attending some sort of musical event.
3. If you had to choose, would you prefer to be too hot or too cold?
Too cold. There’s only so many clothes you can take off in public. Also, if it’s too hot, I feel like I can’t breathe.
4. Does your appetite increase or decrease during warmer months? Does it stay the same?
Probably decreases a little in general, although my appetite for ice cream increases exponentially.
5. What is your favorite seasonal Summer fruit?
Grapes. I also like summer squash, even though it’s not a fruit…especially thinly sliced and fried like my gramma makes it. (I know how, but it’s just not the same.)
6. Would you prefer to spend a hot summer day at the mall or at a swimming pool?
Depends. If it’s a nice quiet private pool with some available shade and adult beverages, I’ll pick pool. If we’re talking public pool, I’ll pick the mall…at least then you can try to find a nice boring grownup store where there aren’t any screaming children.
7. Are you more likely to tan or sunburn?
Sunburn, unless I’m very, very careful. I’m pretty much so white I glow in the dark, but I can achieve off-white with patience and sunscreen. However, since I’m pretty much the poster child for skin cancer risks (and also, I don’t want to look old), I try to stay out of the sun.
8. How does your routine change when Summer begins?
Not much, really, except that I become far less likely to leave the house except to go to work.
9. What is the temperature outside where you are today?
Mid-90’s, I think. It cooled off a little today. *sigh*
10. What is your favorite Summer holiday?
Anything that involves not going to work.
I seriously think I have the opposite of most people’s Seasonal Affective Disorder. When it’s summer, my depression tends to take a turn for the worse. I also seem to get itchy and bumpy and cranky. I think I’m allergic to it. Which sucks, because summer here tends to last from about May to October. I am counting the days until it cools off. (It’s actually supposed to be in the low 90’s this week instead of over 100. Which is better. But really, if it’s above 80, I’m displeased. My friends and family in the Pacific northwest can pretty much blow me.)